Tips When Hiring a Garage Door Company
Tips When Hiring a Garage Door Company
When you need a garage door repair or replacement service, you want to know that you’ve hired the best garage door company in Sacramento. Unfortunately, not every business has good intentions. To ensure that your investment is well taken care of, follow these tips when hiring a garage door company.
Do Your Research
Thanks to today’s technology, you can easily search for a garage door company. Here are some of the things you should look into:
- Physical location. A physical address will be listed online for every legitimate garage door repair company. Always double-check this address with Google Maps and Google Street View. To avoid being tracked down, bogus businesses will often mention false addresses. This could include gas stations, apartment complexes, and other structures.
- Look at their website. In today’s world, almost any trustworthy business will have a website.
- Reputation Online. Finally, use Google to look at the company’s online presence. You should be able to find Google Reviews, Yelp Reviews, Facebook Page, etc. You’ll be able to read real feedback from previous customers.
All of this information should give you a clear idea of whether the business is legitimate. Some businesses have a greater web presence than others, but doing business with one that has no online presence is risky.
Get Multiple Garage Door Bids
When getting work done on your house, it’s a good idea to get several bids. This will give you an idea of what the industry’s “going rate” is and whether or not you’re getting a reasonable price.
Make sure you compare all their services. Do the businesses have 24-hour garage door services? What kind of warranty is provided? How long have they been in operation? Do they hire subcontractors, or do the technicians work for the company? Will the technicians be wearing business uniforms and driving clearly identified vehicles? All of these questions, and others, must be considered when comparing different deals. Our friends at Tureks Plumbing, a company that offers bathroom remodeling, agree that the cheapest alternative is usually not the best option.
Asking friends, family, coworkers, and neighbors for recommendations is the perfect way to find a reputable garage door company. You almost certainly know someone who has had work done in the past. A good recommendation or even a warning will assist you in your quest for a trustworthy organization. It’ll also help you save time and money that may be set aside for a mediocre company.
Watch Out For Red Flags
To avoid working with untrustworthy companies, be aware of some of these red flags:
- Excessive marketing. Advertising is obviously necessary for a garage door repair business, but unnecessary advertising can be cause for concern. When a company spends a lot of money on ads, it needs to recoup its costs by charging customers a lot of money.
- Multiple Names. When an organization uses various names in commercials, websites, and customer service phone lines, this may indicate that they’re avoiding customers. Consistency is key!
- Gut Feeling. If you speak to the contractor on the phone, and you feel strange or uncomfortable, then it’s probably not a good fit. Follow your gut feeling and make sure you love the company you choose!
LMS Garage Doors
Although there are many garage door companies to choose from, it’s worth finding the best one for your home. LMS Garage Doors is a local Sacramento small business that has decades of experience repairing and replacing garage doors. We can help, no matter how old your garage door system. Our garage door assessments are always honest, which is why our customers love us. If you need garage door services in the Greater Sacramento area and beyond, contact LMS Garage Doors today!